Friday 18 September 2015

Koru Games

over the past 3 days 38 different schools have been competing in a sports tournament called Koru Games.
In this tournament we had a choice out of these sports,Basketball,Football,Volleyball,Netball,Touch,swimming,rugby 7's and lawn bowls. Here at Oakland's our choices were narrowed down to Touch,football,netball and Basketball. The sport that I was put in was touch,all-tho not my favourite game,I had lots of fun playing.

What I really enjoyed about my time playing was the fair play and honesty we received from the opposing teams.Another thing I enjoyed was all the teamwork that we had in our games.And also after every day was over and we were waiting to leave we had a bit of fun just playing games and talking.

Thinking back to the start of the year I think I really improved in my enthusiasm towards the game,because at the start of year I just felt like I didn't want to be there,I just didn't want to play touch,I really just hated the game,but now?I feel like I could just go and play any time and be cool with it.

My goal for the next Koru Games is; if there are more choices in the sports our teachers give us i'll go and try some other one's like (hopefully!) Swimming.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Dom a really like how you have used some strong words like enthusiasm and also the way you explained it painted a picture in my mind of what it was like,By putting in all this detail it makes you think your enthusiasm really improved and that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete